Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Christmas Shoes?


I can't believe it. Halloween just ended and I am hearing Christmas songs already. You know what Christmas song I just can not stand? That stupid Christmas shoes song. A song written for the sole purpose of making people cry. Ugh. I want someone to write a Christmas song about one of my children buying me a new pair of running shoes. I have had mine for almost a year and the cushioning is all out of them. My shins, toes, and legs kill me while I run. If those things didn't cost so much and if I wasn't so cheep.... Maybe Nate, my ten year old, will go to a running store and take a pair of Saucony ProGrid Omni 10's size 10.5 up to the counter. Maybe he will go to pay for them, realize he doesn't have the money, turn to the gentleman behind him and say.....

"Sir, I want to buy these shoes for my Daddy, please
It's Christmas Eve and these shoes are just his size
Could you hurry, sir, Daddy says there's not much time
You see his feet have hurt for quite a while
And I know these shoes would make him smile
And I want him to feel comfortable if Daddy runs Boston this year"

I know, what does this have to do with Christian principles and running. Not much. I did spell out Christmas. That should count for something. Let's just say, I believe that Jesus has a good sense of humor. He did make the platypus (no offense Perry)

No comments:

Post a Comment