Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Nasty, Nasty, Nasty

"You are a disgusting running partner." That is what my wife said to me today after we ran together this morning. Apparently I am a little bit to gross for her. She's telling the truth, I am pretty sickening. When it comes to logging my miles, I can be nasty, nasty, nasty....but only for the first couple of miles. Cathy and I never run more than three miles together. She is pleased with this mileage and I love running with her. Even if I am scheduled to go 5 or 6, if CJ wants to run, then I will run three miles that day. The problem is that it takes me a couple of miles to get warmed up. By warmed up I mean all necessary bodily functions preformed and out of the way.

In the first mile I fart, burp, blow my nose, hack up loogies, sneeze, cough...you name it I do it. I cant seem to help it. When I get outside and my heart starts pumping, I breathe in that morning air and its like taking a high dose decongestant/laxative/gas tablet. I let it all lose!! Usually this is not an issue because I am alone and in the dark. No one is around to hear or see what is going on. Not today. Today, Cathy was with me. I just ran like I normally would. Let it all hang out. Yeah, It was nasty.

I hope you are not like me; all nasty when you are alone or in the dark and expect to be different when your with people or in the light. It becomes a habit, you know. The grossness takes over. Eventually it will seep out into the daylight. You just do it because its the way you always have done it. One day, when you are with loved ones, you will let it slip out. Or maybe, you will just do it and not even care. Either way it will not be pretty.

God doesnt want us to be like that. He wants us to be faithful and steadfast. He wants us to be pure and honest. Our deeds done in the dark will be revealed in the light. He, after all, is the light. What we do and say is on outpouring of what is in our hearts. I hope your heart isn't full of snot, because that would be just plain old nasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment